Subject: Re: ntp problems?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/22/2004 23:12:02
--maH1Gajj2nflutpK

William Allen Simpson wrote:
> Goodness gracious, it's been many years since I looked at the code,=20
> but my memory was that it resolved to the one closest to the current=20
> system time....
=20
> There's no excuse for deciding that "all" servers are wrong, and having=
=20
> no time system at all!

Consider two big networks. Both admins are happy having all there systems'
time in sync. They don't trust other networks but both have neat GPS
clocks. Unfortunately, both clocks are buggy. One is +200ms the other
one -200ms. You have an account at both networks and are allowed to use
their NTP servers. Go figure.

--=20
Christian

--maH1Gajj2nflutpK