Subject: Re: -current slowly hangs
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Hernani Marques Madeira <hernani@tuners.ch>
List: current-users
Date: 01/19/2004 18:53:46
>    I saw this over the weekend while experimenting with the amd64
> port. It would freeze for a bit, come back, freeze again, seem like
> it was losing mouse or keyboard interrupts, and finally lock hard.
> An i386 setup with current from this past Wednesday (~noon EST)
> doesn't have the problem.

Hmm, and I noticed something similar for the hpcarm port, using sources
from the last weekend.

I effectively can only boot in single user mode (from hpcboot.exe), but
even then the system locks hard after 5 minutes or so.
Or if I execute "ps" it freezes immediately, I then have to remove the
rechargeable battery of the HP Jornada 720 I'm using.

And if I try to boot normally it crashes before it gets to login; exactly
it crashes after mounting the root file system while going through rc.

1.6ZG works just fine (sources from the 17th).