Subject: USB/wscons mouse scaling?
To: None <>
From: Paul Ripke <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/19/2004 09:26:52
I recently purchased an el-cheapo USB optical mouse with a z-axis scroll
wheel. Works fine, except it's incredibly jerky. Setting umsdebug, it
appears that the smallest delta I see on the x-axis is 2, but mostly
it's 4.
On the y-axis, it's generally 2. Moving the mouse a little faster, the
smallest odd delta I see is 13. z-axis works fine, I see deltas of 1
consistently. AFAICT, no amount of fiddling with xset can get around
odd behaviour.

So is there any way to slow this thing down? Would x/y/z scaling in
be useful to anybody else ?

uhidev0 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
uhidev0: Chander Electroics Corp. USB/PS2 Mouse, rev 1.10/0.00, addr 2,
iclass 3/1
ums0 at uhidev0: 5 buttons and Z dir.
wsmouse1 at ums0 mux 0

port 2 addr 2: low speed, power 100 mA, config 1, USB/PS2 Mouse(0x0001),
Chander Electroics Corp.(0x04b4), rev 0.00

Paul Ripke
-- Douglas Adams