Subject: Re: NetBSD -current/-stable & Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
To: NetBSD Current <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2004.snew.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/16/2004 18:28:19
Quoting Conrad T. Pino (NetBSD-Current@Pino.com):
> > Thanks for the pointer back to pkgsrc.  I now see that
> > NetBSD has all 3 (MRT, Quagga, Zebra) in pkgsrc/net.
> > My highest complements to the port & project teams.
>
> Found a 4th one (GateD http://www.gated.org/) and it's
> in pkgsrc too!!!  Amazing..

ummm, I believe gated would be the FIRST one.  I used it
10+ years ago to great benefit.  I believe it had the
reference implementation for OSPF.

Worked fine on a 48MB Ultrix box with over 25000 routes!
(man! the internet was big).

Just a side note that OpenBSD is developing a BGP daemon.

Henning Brauer made the first commit in Dec 17 and it's seen
a lot of activity (in CVS) along with Claudio Jeker.

It might be of interest to take a look at that for inclusion
into NetBSD (at the least as a pkg).

Zebra's a little funky and, as I recall, GateD was always
in Beta.  I await code flaws in them.