Subject: Re: NetBSD logo design competition
To: None <>
From: Staffan Thomen <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/14/2004 22:03:47

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:00:50 -0800 (PST)
Tomas <> wrote:

> --- Jaromir Dolecek <> wrote:
> > IMHO we definitely want
> > something what known to run fast :) Or something
> > entirely abstract.
> Like err ... toaster? ;)

 hehe ;-)

 I was under the impression that, sometime in the beginning (from
 my rather young perspective in this company) the three BSD's had
 all a beastie with different attributes, freebsd had the one with
 sneakers [emphasized], openbsd the halo, and netbsd the glowing
 ball on top of the trident.

 This'd been cute and kind of demonstrated the common ancestors,
 but I guess it was wishful thinking or something.

 Hmms. If the Iwo Jima thing is our actual official logo, then I
 say that we do need a new one, but please keep beastie around...

Staffan Thom=E9n
     GPG key: 1024D/7C7E2EF8
 Fingerprint: ADB3 455F 10D5 86D1 78D6  048D 11BB D66E 7C7E 2EF8

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (IRIX)