Subject: Re: atheros cards - no signal level info or am i doing something wrong?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/14/2004 11:22:30
On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 11:43:22AM +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> i started atheros card (ath driver) fine. it works OK but receiver signal
> level info gives always 0dB signal level and -149dB signal quality and
> noise.

-149 noise is an artifact of early mistakes in programming wiconfig; you
can interpret it as "0". AFAIK, the Atheros hardware does not provide
any noise figure. I don't precisely know why the signal level is 0,
but see below.

> is it bug or lack of code?

It depends what mode you run the interface in. You will probably not
get an intelligible signal level report in ad hoc mode or in AP mode.

Dave