Subject: Re: ffs compatibility added, fsck may complain
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@itojun.org>
From: Darrin B. Jewell <dbj@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/14/2004 10:32:47
itojun@itojun.org (Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino) writes:
> 	i see the following on dmesg (for / and /usr partition),
> 	however, i do not see "VALUES IN SUPER BLOCK ..." message on
> 	fsck_ffs -n -f.  fsck_ffs -b 32 -c 4 had no effect.
> 	how can i suppress the message?  do i have to start over from scratch
> 	(i.e. newfs)?
>
> itojun

You need to use a fsck_ffs built from sources after 20040109.
It should be possible to fix the problem and have the message quieted
without having to start over from scratch.

Please check to make sure you are running a current fsck_ffs and try
again.  If the problem persists, please let me know.

Darrin