Subject: Re: NetBSD logo design competition
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org, netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/13/2004 21:39:52
--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c

Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2004.snew.com> wrote:
=20
> But our little daemon friend is a fine character for a logo.
>=20
> What's wrong? Are we losing marketshare among christian fundamentalists?
>=20
> Using Beastie, a spirit, certainly conveys the Spirit of Open Source.

Agreed.  I like the daemon.  Would be nice to include it in the new logo
somehow.

> -Or a platypus - the mutant accident of evolution

I like platypi :)

> Perhaps beastie as a wombat?  Or a pigeon - like NetBSD, you
> can find it everywhere, running on everything.

Pigeon's are flying rats.  No pigeons.

-Jan

--=20
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c--