Subject: Re: No buffer memory
To: Gary Duzan <gary@duzan.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/13/2004 12:33:11
Thus spake Gary Duzan ("GD> ") sometime Today...

GD>    My "buffer leak" comment was in response to your observation
GD> that it worked for a while and then quit. My guess is that you had
GD> enough kmem to get umass buffers a few times, but they weren't
GD> deallocated at disconnect, and once it ran out you were stuck.

I have this happen occasionally as well, and it happens whether or not
the thing is plugged in (Lexar JumpDrive 128MB, for me) at boot time.

Early on, I can plug it in and unplug it.  Lots of times.  I think something
else is eating that buffer memory later on, rather than the disconnect
failing to deallocate it (I rather wish that, once connected, it would
LEAVE the buffers allocated in case the device comes back).

				--*greywolf;
--
22 Ways to Get Yourself Killed While Watching 'The Lord Of The Rings':

#17: When they go in the paths of the dead, wait for tense moment and shout,
    "I see dead people!"