Subject: Re: No buffer memory
To: Gary Duzan <gary@duzan.org>
From: Bill Chiarchiaro <wjc@cleartech.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/13/2004 14:45:56
Gary Duzan wrote:

>    Try "make clean" in the kernel build directory and building it
> again.  It looks like sys/conf/files has flags for NKMEMPAGES,
> KMEMPAGES_MIN, and NKMEMPAGES_MAX, but not NKMEMPAGES_MIN,

Thanks; I'll give it a try.

>    Still, it sounds like you are running into a buffer leak, so
> this might only buy you some time.

There have been different descriptions of what I've believed to be the
same problem.  Some people say that umass devices won't attach properly
unless they're physically connected at boot time.  Others say that it
doesn't make any difference whether they're connected at boot time,
but after some amount of time (hours to weeks) since booting, umass
devices no longer attach properly.  I've observed the latter symptoms
on my system, and I've regarded them as a superset of the former
symptoms.

Gary, from your comment about a buffer leak, I infer that you had been
seeing the former symptoms.  Is that correct?

Bill Chiarchiaro
wjc@cleartech.com