Subject: Re: Weird wi-fi card.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/13/2004 00:33:06
On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 11:52:47PM -0600, Peter Seebach wrote:
> I got a $10 or so cardbus network card.
>
> It says:
> Realtek, Rtl8139, M^?M^? (manufacturer 0x0, product 0x0) Realtek Semiconductor product 0x8180 (ethernet network, revision 0x20) at cardbus0 dev 0 function 0 not configured

I am working on a driver for it. Docs incomplete; release date unknown;
coming along nicely, thanks; don't e-mail me, I'll e-mail you. =)

What brand of card is it? I might want it. There are at least two
varieties, the first with transceiver/synthesizer by Philips, the second
by GCT Semiconductor.  I have docs for the former but not the latter.
I pried my only instance of the second variety open, and now it will
not go back together again.

I will send instructions how to find out if yours is a 2nd- or 3rd-variety
card without destroying it.

Dave