Subject: Copying to/from raw devices?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/11/2004 13:23:13
To make boot floppies for linux/*BSD I have always just copied the
floppy image to the raw floppy device like this:

# cp boot1.fs /dev/rfd0c (or the equivalent device on other systems)

and I have never had any problems, but I tried making NetBSD floppies
on my -current NetBSD machine today and the disks would not boot.

I used the same floppy images to make the disks in linux and the
resulting NetBSD floppies boot perfectly.

So, is there a reason my 'usual' raw-copy method doesn't work in
NetBSD -current, or is this a bug?  (I don't have a -stable NetBSD
machine to try this on, so I can't compare...)