Subject: Strange wsconsole behavior with 1.6ZG kernel
To: #List NetBSD current users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/09/2004 18:17:54
Well, I've finally gotten around to getting -current again.

With my old 1.6Q kernel and userland, everything was fine.  But once I
booted up my new 1.6ZG kernel, X (old, X11R6.3) seems to take over all
the virtual consoles, not just #4.  Control/Alt/F[1-4] gives me an xdm
login screen rather than the 25x80 text console.  The mouse doesn't
work except in the correct virtual console.

Is there some magic that I need to do to make wsconsole work like the
old days?  Will this strangeness automagically go away once I update
userland to 1.6ZG?  Will I have to rebuild X?

Thanks!

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Network Engineer | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul@whooppee.com   |
|  & World Cruiser | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette@juniper.net |