Subject: Minor CVS Repository Weirdness?
To: NetBSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Barry Bouwsma <netbsd-user@remove-NOSPAM-to-reply.NOSPAM.dyndns.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 01/06/2004 04:24:49
[Above address works only via IPv6 when it works, which isn't often, but
 I'll check the mailing list archives for any followups, so drop me]

Howdy,
I hope it's appropriate to ask this here -- Is it me, or is it possible
that a few files in the NetBSD CVS repository are slightly screwy, in a
way that apparently confuses certain CVS server programs?

In particular, about half a dozen scattered qbus source files seem to
have an extra line with nothing more than ``strict   ;'' or similar.
When I purge that line from those files in my local copy of the CVS
repository, then the CVS server program (cvsupd) no longer complains
and delivers updates to these files.  A sample complaint as logged is:
2004.01.04 20:53:31 CET [28859]: RCS file error in "../etc/prefixes/NetBSD.cvs/src/sys/dev/qbus/Attic/dz.c,v": 60: "desc" expected

If this really is present, and is not just a problem with my own local
repository, and it really is a concern to be addressed, I'll be happy
to list all the files I've found that are afflicted with this problem.

(Apologies, it's been well over a year since I've updated my repository
and done anything with it in case I'm missing something.)

thanks,
barry bouwsma