Subject: current got 'swappier'/slower.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/06/2004 09:27:54
I know this kind of non-specific whinge is (worse than) useless, but the new mem
alloc/kernel thing seems to suck. laptop user, current as of 2-3 days ago. 256Mb
memory.

Perry went over my sysctl vm settings at last IETF, and my kernel config, so I
don't think I have anything majorly bogus there.

Can somebody explain what the *intent* of the changes was? Because its not been
a net overall improvement for interactive X11 sole desktop usage.

I'd be inclined to say I'm the fourth or fifth 'me too' response about issues
with this change.

-george