Subject: Re: new memory allocation scheme and disk access
To: Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/05/2004 10:52:33
On Monday 05 January 2004 05:47, Bang Jun-Young wrote:

> I raised maxvnodes to 131072 and 262144 and that was actually helping
> avoid slowdown. However, swap usage was not reduced much. I still feel
> like my machine is somewhat slower. Using lots of swap is a normal
> (expected) behavior of the new bufcache scheme?

I did that, too.  I also see *lots* of swap used (>150MB after several hours
of system use).

About the system beeing slow... well, if I'm building anything, KDE feels
*very* slow... it seems to be loosing key modifiers too!  It was much faster
before I updated the kernel...

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>