Subject: Re: Upgrading OS for an environment using Raid
To: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/05/2004 14:13:43
--ni93GHxFvA+th69W

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 08:43:20PM -0600, Greg Oster wrote:
> Sure, you might need to shift them one way or another for maximal=20
> performance.  I've had to do this on occasion for underlying RAIDframe=20
> devices too...=20

Hm. It probably plays havoc with other assumptions or tools, but
perhaps this says that the default offset should be "1 stripe width" ?

That way, if you keep the stripe width the same for N stacked devices
(of whatever kind) you don't end up losing alignment in unexpected
ways.

--
Dan.

--ni93GHxFvA+th69W