Subject: Re: SPAM Alert: Email Address Harvesting
To: None <>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/04/2004 14:03:21 (Herb Peyerl) writes:
> "Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" <>  wrote:
>  >
>  > One anti-swen trick is to put the string "spam" someplace in your
>  > FQDN.  Note the pseduo-host that I used in postings and mailinglists.
>  > It works like a champ.  I haven't gotten a swen to it yet.
> I'm not familiar with that. What does it do?

I swen appears to assume that any email address with the word "spam"
in it is somehow munged and avoids mailing to it.  In general that is
probably a good guess that the address is munged, judging from all the type addresses one sees on the net.

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht
       The above "From:" address is valid.  Don't mess with it.