Subject: Re: SPAM Alert: Email Address Harvesting
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20040104T140052@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/04/2004 14:03:21
hpeyerl@beer.org (Herb Peyerl) writes:
> "Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" <wolfgang+gnus20040104T125342@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com>  wrote:
>  >
>  > One anti-swen trick is to put the string "spam" someplace in your
>  > FQDN.  Note the pseduo-host that I used in postings and mailinglists.
>  > It works like a champ.  I haven't gotten a swen to it yet.
>
> I'm not familiar with that. What does it do?

I swen appears to assume that any email address with the word "spam"
in it is somehow munged and avoids mailing to it.  In general that is
probably a good guess that the address is munged, judging from all the
foo@exaSPAMple.com type addresses one sees on the net.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht 		     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/
       The above "From:" address is valid.  Don't mess with it.