Subject: Re: SPAM Alert: Email Address Harvesting
To: NetBSD Current <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ross Patterson <Ross.Patterson@CatchFS.Com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/03/2004 10:56:24
On Saturday 03 January 2004 04:11 am, Conrad T. Pino wrote:
> My initial message was defective in that I made no specific proposal.

Or because the problem is insoluble without losing functions folks like to
keep.

Don't forget "Conrad@Pino.com" all by itself.  I'm guessing you don't want
that rewritten as "current-users@NetBSD.org (Conrad@Pino.com)" :-)

> 4. Replace "Message-ID" header value with new value ending with
> "@NetBSD.org".

The contents of the Message-ID header are the fault of your mail user agent.
If you're running an MUA that puts your email address into the message
(MS-Outlook in your case), switch to one that doesn't (e.g. Emacs, Mutt,
KMail).

> A. Replying directly to sender is impossible unless sender discloses their
>    email address in the message body i.e. no *private* conversations.

That's a loss many folks will regret.

--
Ross A. Patterson
Chief Technology Officer