Subject: Re: The Intel C++ compiler
To: E.B. Dreger <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/31/2003 04:41:48
[ On Sunday, December 28, 2003 at 02:54:23 (+0000), E.B. Dreger wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: The Intel C++ compiler
> One might also look at the Tendra compiler:
> I've only played with it a bit, and haven't had a chance to
> contribute anything... but the portability, compiler behavior
> (try compiling something and note the error reporting), and BSD
> license all appeal to me.

I'm guessing that the Intel compiler is much more likely, especially
given what Simon Burge says, to grock NetBSD's rather GCC-specific
system header files than TenDRA is, though I'm guessing TenDRA is
potentially much closer to being able to do this than LCC
(pkgsrc/devel/lcc) is.

						Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                  VE3TCP            RoboHack <>
Planix, Inc. <>          Secrets of the Weird <>