Subject: Re: what have changed in st driver?
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
From: Paul Ripke <stix@stix.homeunix.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/28/2003 23:52:20
On Sunday, Dec 28, 2003, at 22:47 Australia/Sydney, Wojciech Puchar
wrote:

> that's driver info, not program. i can't use 32K blocks with any
> program
> including dd

Well, the 32256 maximum below is straight from pax.h - nothing to do
with
the kernel. dd(1) with 64 KB blocks works fine for me to a DDS2 drive,
under NetBSD 1.6R (unfortunately I don't have a tape drive attached to
my 1.6ZG system):

ksh$ dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rst0 bs=64k count=160
160+0 records in
160+0 records out
10485760 bytes transferred in 51.613 secs (203161 bytes/sec)

I assume you have the hardware blocksize set to 0 to force variable
blocksizes? You should see this in the output from "mt status".

--
Paul Ripke
Unix/OpenVMS/TSM/DBA