Subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - "Offending Code" Specified
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/25/2003 13:11:51
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> writes:
> On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Greywolf wrote:
>
>> [I suspect that our similar files there were rewritten from scratch; the
>
> It seems like SCO doesn't care about if rewritten, but the ABI of having
> same values, like ENOMEM is 12 and so on.

1) You can't get intellectual property protection on an interface like
   that, and indeed, there are numerous court precedents saying you
   can't.
2) There have been repeated precedents that saying mere directories or
   lists of numbers+names etc. (like phone books) are not subject to
   copyright. errno.h is likely not legally copyrightable.

However, I think this mailing list isn't really an appropriate forum
for this discussion...

Perry