Subject: Re: ksh and new-default vi-tabcompletion
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/23/2003 08:52:21
Thus spake Richard Rauch ("RR> ") sometime Today...

RR> From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
RR> To: current-users@NetBSD.org
RR> Subject: ksh and new-default vi-tabcompletion
RR> Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 02:21:09 -0600
RR> I recently stumbled across the new default for /bin/ksh, enabling
RR> vi-tabcompletion.
RR>
RR> I'm sure that adding this is seen to be a major advance, fixing much
RR> angst for some.  However, since I personally like to be able to enter
RR> the ASCII TAB character from time to time, and never want or use tab-
RR> completion, I immediately sought to turn it off as soon as I discov-
RR> ered that it was on.
RR>
RR> "set +o vi-tabcompletion" seemed to be just what I wanted.  I added
RR> it to my (NFS-shared) ~/.shrc that ksh and sh use for initialization.

<obvious type="apology" logic-branch="if">
If you have stuff you're sharing, at some point you will have to separate
out what you use for sh and what you use for ksh.  I have a set of files
which are three-way split for sh, ksh and bash, although, since I use
ksh so infrequently, the ksh-specifics could stand to be brought
up to date.

NEVER count on everything to be 100% portable.
</obvious>

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD is PAR -- Powerful, Advanced, Reliable.  Is your OS up to PAR?