Subject: Re: Mozilla leaving colour blotches [still]
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Aymeric Vincent <Aymeric.Vincent@labri.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 12/17/2003 22:45:51
Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com> writes:

> Not sure where else to report this, but I'm calling again for anyone
> else who might be having problems with this:
>
> I have link-width, full-height coloured rectangles appearing on every
> page I view -- they obscure text and graphics and make it a pretty
> generally unappealing experience.
>
> I've ripped out and rebuilt my necessary pkg bits, and am now off to
> upgrade X (which means I'll probably have to rebuild a few things again;
> yes, in retrospect, I should have done X first).  Maybe that will help.

Along the same line, did you try to disable hardware acceleration in
the X server? Do the same patterns show up if you run the same mozilla
from another machine through an exported display, or conversely
another remote mozilla displaying on that machine?

I would rather bet on an X server problem.

 Aymeric