Subject: Re: How do I create a FAT32 disk for use on WinXP?
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: dieter <dieter.NetBSD@pandora.be>
List: current-users
Date: 12/17/2003 12:10:33
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Greywolf wrote:

> Could I humbly inquire to the rest of the world what, precisely,
> is needed to get reliable R/W to an NTFS partition from UNIX-land?

Reminds me of something I saw on freshmeat the other day. I don' know how
difficult it would be to port this:

   http://freshmeat.net/projects/captive/?topic_id=142

   Captive provides full read/write access to NTFS disk drives in
   the WINE way by using the original Microsoft Windows ntfs.sys
   driver. It emulates the required subsystems of the Microsoft
   Windows kernel by reusing one of the original ntoskrnl.exe,
   ReactOS parts, or this project's own reimplementations on a case
   by case basis.

dieter

--

	There is virtue in doing the right thing just for
	the sake of doing it right.  -- Nicholas Petreley