Subject: Re: is agp supported on motherboard ASUS A7N8X deluxe ?
To: Tracy Di Marco White <gendalia@gendalia.org>
From: Florence HENRY <Florence.Henry@obspm.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/2003 21:13:01
On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Tracy Di Marco White wrote:

> >So, does the agp bus on this motherboard is currently supported ? Knowing
> >this would prevent myself to make a useless buy...
>
> The 'not configured' bit doesn't matter for X support.  I use it all
> the time.  IIRC, agp can't be configured into the kernel for AGP to
> work.  I've got an AGP video card in the system, have had since January,
> and it works fine.

this 'not configured' bit doesn't matter *at all* for X support ? Does
that mean that the video card will be able to work at is full capacity
(1024x1780 @ 24bpp for example) ?

Maybe there is something that I do not understand, but does this mean that
the netbsd kernel uses the video card without the help of the agp chipset?
then, what is the role of the agp chipset if it is not used ?

----
Florence HENRY
florence.henry@obspm.fr