Subject: Re: is agp supported on motherboard ASUS A7N8X deluxe ?
To: Florence HENRY <Florence.Henry@obspm.fr>
From: Tracy Di Marco White <gendalia@gendalia.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/2003 13:44:47
In message <Pine.NEB.4.58.0312071519030.2207@qbqb.upcarg.ybpny>, Florence HENRY writes:
>Hello,
>
>I recently read on the current-users mailing list archive that the ASUS
>A7N8X deluxe motherboard was partially working fine. (see the message :
>http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2003/01/17/0005.html)
>
>I'm especially interested in the agp bus. when the message was posted
>(january 17), it wasn(t supported :
>agp at pchb0 not configured
>
>So, does the agp bus on this motherboard is currently supported ? Knowing
>this would prevent myself to make a useless buy...

The 'not configured' bit doesn't matter for X support.  I use it all
the time.  IIRC, agp can't be configured into the kernel for AGP to
work.  I've got an AGP video card in the system, have had since January,
and it works fine.  Unfortunately, you asked when I can't check, I'm
redeploying the system, and it's currently wiped.

>More generally speaking, what is the current status of this motherboard ?
>what is working, and what is not ?

The NVidia ethernet does not work last I knew.  Everything else works fine
for me, although I don't have any firewire or USB 2.0 things to connect,
so their status is unknown.

I've been using the motherboard since I committed this stuff in January,
I like it a lot.  I am using -current, and not a release, I'm not sure
what the status is in 1.6-release branch.

-Tracy