Subject: Re: altq
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20031207T102937@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/2003 10:36:51
hpeyerl@beer.org (Herb Peyerl) writes:
> I spent a lot of time not understanding how this stuff was
> supposed to work so after a lot of dicking around, I got this to
> do more or less what I wanted:
>
> 	interface vr0 bandwidth 10M cbq
>
> 	class cbq vr0 root NULL pbandwidth 100
> 	class cbq vr0 def root borrow pbandwidth 90 default
>
> 	class cbq vr0 http root exactbandwidth 512000 red
> 		filter vr0 http 0 0 0 80 6

Thanks!  I just compiled up the latest userland from yesterday
afternoon along with the corresponding kernel with all the ALTQ bells
and whistles turned on.  I put the above example into /tmp/herb.conf,
s/vr0/tlp0/, and ran:

    $altqd -D -v -f /tmp/herb.conf
    Debug mode set.
    ALTQ config file is /tmp/herb.conf
    tbr installed on tlp0 (rate:10.00M  size:5.86K)
    qname doesn't match the interface
    Error in /tmp/herb.conf, line 3.  config failed.

I'm beginning to think maybe something is broken in -current with
respect to altq.  The fact that it isn't in GENERIC, makes me wonder
if it didn't just silently break and nobody noticed.

Time for a PR?

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht 		     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/
       The above "From:" address is valid.  Don't mess with it.