Subject: Re: altq
To: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20031206T193023@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/06/2003 21:06:23
wolfgang+gnus20031206T193023@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com (Wolfgang S. Rupprecht)  wrote:

 > Now if I try running an example from the sources, I still get errors:
 >
 >     $ altqd -v -D -f /usr/src/usr.sbin/altq/altqd/altq.conf.samples/hfsc.lo0
 >     Debug mode set.
 >     ALTQ config file is /usr/src/usr.sbin/altq/altqd/altq.conf.samples/hfsc.lo0
 >     tbr installed on lo0 (rate:300.00M  size:35.16K)
 >     qname doesn't match the interface
 >     Error in /usr/src/usr.sbin/altq/altqd/altq.conf.samples/hfsc.lo0, line 13.  config failed.
 >
 > In fact, no matter what config I try loading and which interface I
 > frob, I always get a gripe about "qname doesn't match the interface".

I spent a lot of time not understanding how this stuff was
supposed to work so after a lot of dicking around, I got this to
do more or less what I wanted:

	interface vr0 bandwidth 10M cbq

	class cbq vr0 root NULL pbandwidth 100
	class cbq vr0 def root borrow pbandwidth 90 default

	class cbq vr0 http root exactbandwidth 512000 red
		filter vr0 http 0 0 0 80 6