Subject: still blocked in sokva.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/02/2003 21:41:12
Back in:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2003/07/17/0016.html

I reported a problem with various network processes getting stuck
in sokva.

In the meantime, I've replaced the hardware, it's now a P4-2.4Ghz
with 1GB of RAM, and running NetBSD-1.6ZF of Nov 17th. It's now a
single-cpu machine (as opposed to previously being a multi-cpu)
and everything else is bog-standard modulo running altq with
cbq at 512kb/sec.

After about 3 days of uptime, I end up with 250 httpd processes
all stuck in sokva.  I've boosted kern.somaxkva=64MB which again
just forestalls the duration of satisfactory function until it
exhibits the problem behavior.

All the software on there is built out of pkgsrc and there are no
special tweaks I've made...

Not very impressive, to say the least. This really smells like a
memory leak, and one we've had for quite some time.

Anyone?

---
Beheading servers since 1999 -- The PC Weasel! http://www.realweasel.com