Subject: Re: DWL-520
To: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
From: Michael Hertrick <m.hertrick@neovera.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/26/2003 03:29:48
David Young wrote:

>On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 12:50:49AM -0500, Michael Hertrick wrote:
>

>>   Stores around here are once again is carrying the plain old
>>DWL-520's based on the Prism2.5 chipset, cheap too.  So I picked one up
>>this evening, to replace my 520+ abomination, and tried using it on
>>-current.
>>

>Is your computer very old? In half the computers that I have plugged
>a DWL-520 into, the green power light will not even come on, no matter
>what OS. I had better luck with computers from after 1996 or 1997.

mobo from 2002, 1GHz, AGP, SiS 735 chip, AMI BIOS.

>>BTW, I say "late-model" only because for all I know the card was
>>recently manufactured and, if so, could differ slightly from the older
>>cards.
>>

>Late-model DWL-520s use the Realtek chipset.

Ok then, how about this... according to the box, the model is DWL-520
<B>.  D-Link has different drivers, at least for Windows, for each
card.  After all kinds of digging around the Internet, I'm thinking the
computer's fine... just a tweak in the driver is needed.

Thanks,
Mike.