Subject: SDL apps dying with SIGILL
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/21/2003 01:27:13
I have an open PR on this.  It only happens to me, apparently.

Synopsis:  SDL apps die with SIGILL.  All of them.  Every.  Single.  One.
It appears to happen right around the time the game should be really starting.
For instance, KoboDeluxe gets through a lot of loading activity, then suddenly
dies.  Scummvm dies right away.

 28587 kobodl   CALL  select(0x6,0,0x489bff08,0,0x489bff00)
 28587 kobodl   CALL  sa_stacks(0x1,0x48940050)
 28587 kobodl   RET   sa_stacks 1
 28587 kobodl   CALL  sa_yield
 28587 kobodl   RET   select 0
 28587 kobodl   RET   sa_yield 0
 28587 kobodl   CALL  sa_stacks(0x1,0x48940050)
 28587 kobodl   RET   sa_stacks 1
 28587 kobodl   PSIG  SIGILL SIG_DFL

This is about typical.

I have no idea what's going on.  This has been happening to me ever since
about when the signal trampoline code got updated.  I have rebuilt kernels,
userland, and everything else.  All my pkgsrc apps have been rebuilt.

The system this is happening on is i386.  If it matters, I think everything's
been built with:
	COPTS?=-mcpu=i686
but I don't see why that should matter.

Anyone else seen anything like this?  Still seeing it?

-s