Subject: Re: SCO will soon be going after BSD
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: current-users
Date: 11/20/2003 18:55:47
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 08:46:36AM -0800, netbsd99@sudog.com wrote:
> > On Wednesday 19 November 2003 20:06, Rick Kelly wrote:
> >
> > > It is pretty much all moot now as the "encumbered" code has been
> > > released under the BSD copyright by Caldera/SCO.
> >
> > If that's the case, then why are there still holes in the NetBSD CVS
> > tree, from people manually removing "encumbered" files? Why not restore
> > these holes now if that's the case?
>
> When's the last time you actually needed to _use_ one of those revisions?

I have a few for the VAX tree... :-)
Both arff and the dmf32 driver are encumbered, but both are more or less
needed by some NetBSD/vax systems.
Another, rather high on my wishlist, thing would be the Ultrix MSCP
driver.

But apart from some VAX (and Ultrix) things, I can probably live without
much of the old cruft.

	Johnny