Subject: sysinst and mfs
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 11/20/2003 08:14:30
Hi!

I was doing a fresh install (1.6ZE) on my new laptop and saw that sysinst
considers size of /tmp in its size calculations even though it shouldn't.
As an example, I have 10 GB for NetBSD and I divided it like this:

9500 MB /
500 MB swap

If I now want to add a 200 MB MFS /tmp sysinst won't let me continue with
the installation as it thinks I've used 12000 MB even though the max disk
usage is 10000 MB.

Anyone else seeing this? I haven't tested this with the latest -current
so maybe this has already been fixed...

PS. I think we should clearly say somewhere that the boot manager is now
using '1' instead of 'F1'. It took me a while until I was able to boot
my system...

Martti