Subject: Re: current on vax
To: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: current-users
Date: 11/19/2003 00:07:24
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, emanuel stiebler wrote:

> Hi all,
> when was the last time anybody succeeded with a:
>
> ./build.sh distribution
>
> on a vax ?

I did a ./build.sh build, followed by a install=/ just the other day on
the 8650 here.

(Well, I started a week ago, but it finished a day or so ago)

It fails three times when building tools, but just restarting it gets it
further. There are some problems with pic and eqn. (This all burns while
building groff).

Also, building a kernel don't work as-is, since gawk also have
problems. Using /usr/src/usr.bin/awk instead, works fine.

Ah, and I almost forgot. I have to patch texinfo as well.

Hmm, thinking on it, I haven't been able to build a "proper" system in
ages. I rely on my patches...

	Johnny