Subject: Re: sick DLT?
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/18/2003 20:37:56
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:22:25 +1100, Daniel Carosone writes:
>On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 12:43:05AM -0800, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:
>> The tape drive was _full_ of dust, but is now pretty clean and has had
>> a cleaning tape run through it.
>
>So the drive was working full of dust, and then you cleaned it and
>now it has problems... clearly you should put the dust back!

Nah, the problem is that I _moved_ it.  Now I have to try and work out
its previous orientation to the Sun, or is it Mars?

I've noticed a couple of times now that when it stops responding it
has weird LED patterns - like no denisty LED or both 6 and 20G LEDs
lit, so I think scsi bus issues are out.  On the last run it went for
2 hours before choking so perhaps if I just keep poking it, and rustle
up a dead chicken...

I'll probably try and pick up another drive on e-bay - as insurance.

--sjg