Subject: Re: sick DLT?
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/18/2003 23:09:48
On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 10:26:44AM -0800, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:
> [...]
>
> This is 1.6.1, I just rebooted - the DLT didn't probe, the DAT did and
> is responding ok.
>
> Perhaps it is a powersupply or similar issue?  It usually probes and
> works for a while after being power cycled, but after an hour or so
> just stops talking on the bus.

Could be something like that, or something overheating.
The DLT I have use the standart 4-pin power supply connector (the same
as disk drives, CD, etc ...) so you could probably test it with a PC
power supply (my DLT library uses, in fact, a PC AT power supply :)

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>