Subject: Re: sick DLT?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/17/2003 14:30:34
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:43:59 +0100, Manuel Bouyer writes:
>Well, it seems the firmware is too busy to even return an error code :(
>You said it would sometime properly load the tape ?

Usually it would load ok, but sometimes it would hang - not even
transport the tape looking to check the density etc.

>Did you try with a brand new tape ? If the drive was really dirty, maybe the
>tapes are dirty too.

Will try a new tape tonight.  It processed a cleaning tape happily.
Normally when it thinks its dirty it lights a "use cleaning tape" led.
Its only done that once since I've had it actually.

--sjg