Subject: Re: Too many open files?
To: John R. Shannon <john@johnrshannon.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/16/2003 21:55:44
On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 11:20:11PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> I recompiled postfix and this symptom went away. But this is not a proper fix,
> of course.

Spoke too early. It seems that the problem only happens sometimes, but not
always. As soon as I tried to ktrace it, it worked. And while it failed
a few times in a row, I can't make it fail again now.

Could someone for whom it happens always try to set something like this in
/etc/rc.conf.d/postfix and see if he can get a ktrace of a failing postfix?

start_cmd='ktrace -f /tmp/postfix.out -i /usr/pkg/sbin/postfix start'

(substitute the proper base system path if you are using the in-tree postfix
version).

Btw, maybe unrelated: anyone know what causes this log messages?

Nov 16 10:01:27 drowsy postfix/master[382]: warning: master_wakeup_timer_event: service public/flush: Connection timed out
Nov 16 10:01:27 drowsy postfix/flush[2576]: warning: end-of-input while reading request from flush socket: Operation not supported

Martin