Subject: Re: make dependall not working properly...
To: None <,>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/14/2003 01:50:59
On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 00:19:04 -0500, Andrew Brown wrote:

> i just updated my tree, config'ed my kernel again, did the cd, and
> typed make dependall.  it effectively did a make depend and then it
> was done.  no compilation at all.  i tried it a few more times, but
> all it printed was:
> 	depending the kern library objects
> nothing about compat or anything else.
> is this a known problem?
> will it go away once i've finished rebuilding everything else?
> fwiw, rebuilding make straightaway doesn't make the problem go away.

I see this problem too with the fresh tools (cross building on

I think sys/lib/libkern/

revision 1.37
date: 2003/11/07 23:34:28;  author: dsl;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -2
Make 'dependall' generate dependencies in these libraries.

broke it, as it adds dependall target to that and thus
prevents sys/conf/ from providing one.

SY, Uwe
--                         |       Zu Grunde kommen            |       Ist zu Grunde gehen