Subject: IDE CD writer switching to 1x the second write
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Lars Nordlund <lars.nordlund@hem.utfors.se>
List: current-users
Date: 11/11/2003 00:05:33
Hi!

The first CD I write after a fresh restart is done in 8x (max write
speed). Every CD after that is written at 1x. No special printout in the
kernel log is seen. This has been the case for a couple of months now in
current. Don't remember exactly when it broke. Have not written that
many CDs lately.

Some highlights from dmesg:

viaide0 at pci0 dev 9 function 0
viaide0: NVIDIA nForce2 IDE Controller (rev. 0xa2)
viaide0: bus-master DMA support present
viaide0: primary channel configured to compatibility mode
viaide0: primary channel interrupting at irq 14
atabus0 at viaide0 channel 0
viaide0: secondary channel configured to compatibility mode
viaide0: secondary channel interrupting at irq 15
atabus1 at viaide0 channel 1

atapibus0 at atabus1: 2 targets
cd1 at atapibus0 drive 0: <PLEXTOR CD-R   PX-W8432T, , 1.07> cdrom removable
cd1: 32-bit data port
cd1: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2
cd2 at atapibus0 drive 1: <CD-ROM 36X/AKU, , U10I> cdrom removable
cd2: 32-bit data port
cd2: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA mode 2 (Ultra/33)
cd1(viaide0:1:0): using PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2 (using DMA data transfers)
cd2(viaide0:1:1): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 2 (Ultra/33) (using
DMA data transfers)

Anyone have a clue?

Best regards

	Lars Nordlund