Subject: Re: unable to install koffice.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/10/2003 09:22:11
On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 12:34:27PM +0100, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> Rishabh Kumar Goel wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > I m running netbsd 1.6 on my system.
> >
> > i m trying to install koffice on my i386 system and during pkg_add it get is
> > error. how to solve it.
> >

> > pkg_add koffice-1.2.1.tgz
> > pkg_add: can't find enough temporary space to extract the files, please set
> > your
> > PKG_TMPDIR environment variable to a location with at least 74305752 bytes
> > free
>
> IIRC pkg_add would use /tmp if PKG_TMPDIR is not set. Does the /tmp
> have at least 74MB of space? If not, try setting PKG_TMPDIR
> to some directory on disk with at least those ~75MB.

You're likely to need this much space in /tmp semi-regularly if you
will be using large graphical applications, so you might want to
consider ensuring that there is enough space.  If you have /tmp on
an MFS, you can either make the MFS larger, or not mount it and just
let /tmp sit on the / filesystem.

One possible alternate value for PKG_TMPDIR would be /var/tmp, but
if that's not on the same filesystem as /, you probably don't want
to symlink /tmp to /var/tmp as the result would be no temporary
space available until comparatively late in the boot process.

Thor