Subject: Anyone got ATAPI tape drives to work?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 11/10/2003 11:11:25
I've had lots of problems getting Seagate/Certance IDE Travan drives
working with 1.6 and -current. I've never had problems with the SCSI
versions, but those are now virtually extinct. Due to customer price
limits, I've been forced to quote for IDE Travans instead of DAT drives
and now it's come back to bite me as NetBSD can't drive them reliably:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-help/2003/09/08/0003.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2003/10/14/0016.html

I guess I may have to give up Travans (they are noisy, slow and have
expensive media anyway!). Are there any other IDE tape drives or low-cost
SCSI drives that you recommend?

(BTW. Has anyone had SIIG SC-PS1X12 SCSI working?)

--
Stephen