Subject: Re: Anyone else having trouble building pango with current? + KDE3 trouble
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Frank Kardel <kardel@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/10/2003 07:24:33
On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 08:41:31PM -0600, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, Frank Kardel wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 05:32:10PM +0100, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> >
> > > of pkgsrc Xrender even when the Xrender bundled with XFree installation
> > > existed and works fine.
>
> I fell behind on email while re-building all packages, and reverted
> your change before reading this thread. Sorry.
>
> > > Please report if the above steps fixed your problem.
> > I hate to report, that i didn't make any progress - i am back with the build dying in pango - sorry.
>
> I presume there's a reason why Xft2 depends on Xrender>=0.8.2. If
> that's true, then the only thing for it, is to depend on 0.8.2
> throughout.
>
> Frederick

I was able to build pango with the fix in my first eMail. As far as i see it
we seem to have two issues here:
        1) The Xrender package seems to be erratic when deciding which variant
           (package buit or from /usr/X11R6) to pick. Possibly due to external
           version requirements.
        2) When the /usr/X11R6 version is chosen the buildlink step misses to
           create the appropriate .la file in the buildlink directory.

All reports in this thread relate to build problems created by 2). Thus we should
fix that issue first. pango builds with 0.8.3 (from /usr/X11R6) fine. I haven't
run it yet but don't actually expect problems there.

Frank