Subject: Re: Consistent crashes with linux emulation
To: Steve Rumble <>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/06/2003 15:09:14
Steve Rumble wrote:
> I believe to have made some progress into determining the
> problem. My system appears stable without the following two
> sysctl settings:
> 	net.inet.ip.anonportmin=16384
> 	net.inet.ip.anonportmax=32767

> Does anyone have any ideas? Does this ring a bell with some
> fairly recent changes that could cause this? I've been using the
> same anonport parameters for quite a while and have only recently
> been bitten by this.

There were recently some changes in port binding in kernel.
Perhaps there is some problem in this code? Could this be possible,

Jaromir Dolecek <>
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-