Subject: Re: CARP (OpenBSD)
To: David Maxwell <david@crlf.net>
From: Emre Yildirim <ey@ieee.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/05/2003 21:43:38
This is kinda cool.  Theo always objected to implementing "VRRP" into OpenBSD,
because supposedly, it was patented by Cisco and that was a bad thing or something.
I recently had to infect some of my machines with Linux to try out load balancing
(LVS project), but I guess now I have a good excuse to try out this CARP feature.
Hopefully it will make it into NetBSD some day.

Once upon a time David Maxwell proclaimed: