Subject: Re: postinstall obsolete versus checkflist
To: NetBSD current list <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/03/2003 13:16:47
David Laight wrote:

> > ============  extra files  ===============
> > Files in DESTDIR but missing from flist.
> > File is obsolete or flist is out of date ?
> > ./lib/libc.so.12.105
> > ./usr/lib/libc.so.12.105
> > ./usr/lib/libcurses.so.5.9
> > ./usr/lib/libgssapi.so.4
> > ./usr/lib/libgssapi.so.4.1
> > ./usr/lib/libhdb.so.8
> > ./usr/lib/libhdb.so.8.0
> > ./usr/lib/libkadm5clnt.so.7
> > ./usr/lib/libkadm5clnt.so.7.0
> > ./usr/lib/libkadm5srv.so.8
> > ./usr/lib/libkadm5srv.so.8.0
> > ./usr/lib/libkafs.so.5
> > ./usr/lib/libkafs.so.5.2
> > ./usr/lib/libkrb5.so.18
> > ./usr/lib/libkrb5.so.18.4
> > ./usr/lib/libmagic.so.0.0
>
> The old libraries are not removed by default (because the script expects
> to be running on a live system and programs may be linked to them).

No, the postinstall running as part of `build.sh distribution` is never
running on a live system.  It always needs to remove the libraries.

Maybe postinstall running as part of `build.sh install=/` does, but that
certainly would be a different case!

> I updated the obsolete file list to include these earlier.
> src/distrib/sets/lists/man/obsolete.mi

Thank you, but obviously not at the same time as flist.  Need a better
method to coordinate generation of flist and obsolete.mi, so that the
same update fixes both....
--
William Allen Simpson