Subject: HEADS UP! Default value of ip6_v6only reverted
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD OS PMC <core@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/03/2003 10:15:27
There has been a lively discussion around the recent change to default
"ip6_v6only" to 0 instead of 1.  There have been some good technical
arguments made, and we've listened to and considered them.  It also
looks like our action has resparked discussion on the internet drafts
in question and will hopefully rejuvenate efforts within the IETF to
consider these (serious) interoperability issues.

While discussion is ongoing, we have concluded that our change was
hasty and partially based on incomplete or erroneous assumptions.
We appreciate the folks who have made calm, clear, and thoughtful
contributions to this thread.  It is our sincere hope that the
issue continues to move toward resolution in the IETF.  In the
meantime, the change has been reverted.

We all want NetBSD to be the best that it can be, and the professional
behavior shown publically and privately by the majority involved
in this discussion speaks well for the project.  Thank you.

Best regards,
Allen Briggs (on behalf of core)