Subject: Re: NOTE: ACPI update
To: Charles M. Hannum <abuse@spamalicious.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/01/2003 19:21:07
On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 09:14:46PM +0000, Charles M. Hannum wrote:
> Even if you were already successfully running ACPI, please retest with the new
> version and confirm whether or not it works.

Works for me, reporting battery and temperature stats on a Dell
Inspiron 8000 (which the previous version didn't do). I did have to
disable all the PCIBIOS* options and enable ACPI_PCI_FIXUP, otherwise
I got:

cbb1 at pci2 dev 15 function 0: Texas Instruments PCI4451 PCI-CardBus Bridge w/ OHCI IEEE 1394 Controller (rev. 0x00)
cbb1: NOT USED because of unconfigured interrupt
cbb2 at pci2 dev 15 function 1: Texas Instruments PCI4451 PCI-CardBus Bridge w/ OHCI IEEE 1394 Controller (rev. 0x00)
cbb2: NOT USED because of unconfigured interrupt

But perhaps I was supposed to have been using ACPI_PCI_FIXUP all along...

Anyways, looks good to me. Thanks! :)