Subject: Re: build breaks w/ read-only sources
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/2003 22:52:22
Note: Oops.  I sent my last mail with several MIME headers.
As a result, the mail was filtered by SPAM filter.  It will
be delivered after the mailing list owner's approval,
probablly tomorrow.  Check bin/23313 for detail.

   On Oct 29, 20:38, Greywolf wrote:
   > Subject: Re: build breaks w/ read-only sources
   > Thus spake Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa ("KJM> ") sometime Today...
   >
   > KJM> The key is pwd.  A "pwd" of our recent /bin/sh is internal
   > KJM> command and the value is cached.
   >
   > I rather wish it would use paths as defined rather than paths as calculated.
   > Having /path/to/obj/automountpoint/host/automountdir/realpath/to/src/yada
   > is very painful when one needs to research problems.

Me too.  And, my patch seems to fix the problem.  Details
are:

   The build.sh was asking `make' to substituate "/usr/src"
   to "/usr/obj".  However, `make' knows only
   "/mnt/raid/netbsd/src" instead of "/usr/src", so that it
   cannot substituate correctly.

   New build.sh asks `make' to substituate
   "/mnt/raid/netbsd/src" to "/usr/obj".  Therefore, it
   should work fine (I'm in the middle of ./build.sh release
   now.  It seems working fine.).

Does it make sense?

-- Kazushi